Youth from the private and public sectors discussed, together with WTO Director-General Roberto Azevêdo, how they believe the trading system needs to adapt to fulfil their hopes and expectations for the future.
It is the first time the Public Forum has dedicated a high-level panel entirely to youth. Millennials and Generation Z currently account for two-thirds of the global workforce and will represent over half of the world’s population by 2020.
Speakers in this video:
- Roberto Azevêdo, Director-General, World Trade Organization
- Edith Kimani, Deutsche Welle
- Alisée de Tonnac, Co-Founder and Partner, Seedstars Group
- Chebet Lesan, CEO, BrightGreen Energy
- Andres Escobar, Co-founder, IMPCT Coffee
- Bradley Heslop, Co-Founder and Managing Director — Africa, WSV