Below is an overview of leading organizations in the sector that provide information about new developments in the sector and global markets. Some also provide webinars.
UN World Tourism Organisation Statistics
Get the latest and most up-to-date tourism statistics for all the countries and regions around the world.
Data available (at a charge) on:
- inbound tourism
- domestic tourism
- outbound tourism
World Travel and Tourism Council
WTTC produces reports and forecasts of the economic and employment impact of Travel & Tourism for 184 countries and 25 geographic or economic regions in the world. The reports include:
- Country reports
- Regional reports
- Benchmark reports
- 10-year forecasts on future growth, economic importance and social influence
China National Tourism Administration
China National Tourism Administration is the State Council’s agency in charge of tourism. Its main responsibilities include outbound tourism.
- Coordinates 20 overseas offices
- Establishes and implements market development strategies for outbound tourism
- Establishes and implements policies on outbound tourism
- Promotes international communication and cooperates with international tourist organizations
- Gathers and publishes news on the Chinese tourism market