Draft Bahamas National Standard ISO IEC
18 Jul 2022
The Bahamas Bureau of Standards and Quality (BBSQ) invites the general public to comment on a Draft Bahamas National Standard.
By clicking on the below documents you will be able to review and comment.
- DRAFT BAHAMAS NATIONAL STANDARD – Notice
- DRAFT BAHAMAS NATIONAL STANDARD Conformity assessment – Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection
- DRAFT BAHAMAS NATIONAL STANDARD – Conformity assessment – General principles and requirements for validation and verification bodies
- DRAFT BAHAMAS NATIONAL STANDARD – Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
- Comment Sheet for Public Comment
Kindly note the deadline for submission of public comments regarding same is 31st August, 2022.
About the Bahamas Bureau of Standards and Quality
The Bahamas Bureau of Standards and Quality (BBSQ) was established, as per the Standards Act of 2006, as a corporate body operating within the Ministry of Financial Services. The BBSQ is mandated to establish and maintain standards for all goods, services, practices and processes to protect the health and safety of all Bahamians, safeguard the environment and enhance the economy of The Bahamas. The BBSQ works closely with the government, industries and businesses to enhance the quality of products and services available to the Bahamian people and synchronize national standards with international and regional standards.
More about Standards
Standardisation is the process of formulating, implementing and publication of guidelines, rules and specifications (collectively referred to as standards) with the aim to address actual or potential problems. It can also facilitate for common and repeated use, aimed at the achievement uniformity in a given context.
Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality and also level the playing field for developing countries and facilitate free and fair global trade.