We’re on Instagram and Twitter
Follow the Bahamas Trade Information Portal on its new social media platforms. We’ve recently joined Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/tradeinfobs/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/tradeinfobs) to ensure that we continue to provide you with relevant and timely international trade and business information and opportunities. In the last few months we’ve been able to grow our readers to approximately 8,000 per month and we would like to remain your source for export information.
Find your new export market the easy way
The Ministry of Financial Services (now Ministry of Economic Affairs) and The Bahamas Chamber of Commerce and Employers Confederation (BCCEC) collaborated to establish the Bahamas Trade Information Portal. It is an online one stop shop to provide easy access to essential international business & trade data and to foster insight on foreign market opportunities for Bahamian entrepreneurs. It was launched early 2017 and is maintained by both parties as part of a Public Private Partnership. The portal contributes to the overall government’s objectives to diversify the economy, in line with the National Development Plan. Also it supports the ease of doing business for Bahamian businessmen.
Importance to the Bahamian businesspersons
The Bahamas Trade Information Portal provides the local business community with:
- New export markets and products
- Access to national, regional and international information and export/import statistics
- Information on trade regulations (quality and standards, coding, certification, export-import procedures, rules of origin)
- Access to information resources from leading trade-related organizations and online service providers
Utilization of the portal will contribute to trade facilitation by:
- Reducing the cost and time required to access trade information
- Improving the ease of doing business in The Bahamas, and
- Improving access to trade information in priority markets.