The Bahamas – Food Producer Network
The Food Producer Network (FPN) application is open to food producers who have not previously received funds from World Central Kitchen and who are applying to FPN for the first time or who applied in a past application round but their application was not approved.
The Food Producer Network aims to strengthen food security and the food economy in The Bahamas by providing financial support through grants to smallholder farmers, fishers, food producers, and food-related small businesses that purchase or distribute products locally.
In addition to the grants, the Food Producer Network provides support to its participants through training in technical and business areas, networking, and volunteering.
Who can apply?
This application is intended for:
- Applicants who have not received funds from World Central Kitchen (WCK)
- Applicants who are applying to the Food Producer Network for the first time
- Applicants who applied in a past application round but their application was not approved
Who should apply:
- Agriculture: small to medium sized agricultural projects (farms, hydroponics, beekeeping, animal husbandry, aquaculture, etc.)
- Fishery: fishers, fishmongers, fish shops, fishing villages, etc.
- Food businesses: food producers, manufacturers, distributors, or suppliers
- Associations: associations, cooperatives, etc.
- Non-profit organizations: NGOs, community groups, or other community projects related to food production and/or its distribution
Who should not apply:
- Large scale agricultural projects (50 acres or more in production)
- Emerging projects or businesses
- Projects or businesses in the ideation or conceptual stage
- Projects or businesses without production or sales history
- Projects focused on export
World Central Kitchen (WCK) has a strong preference for applicants who:
- Employ sustainable, regenerative or ecological practices
- Are seriously interested in transitioning from conventional practices to sustainable practices
- Have the objective of increasing their production and are interested in increasing their sales by gaining access to WCK’s network of distributors, restaurants and hotels
- Are committed to participating in WCK’s capacity building program
If you have already received funds from WCK and intend to apply for additional funds, you should contact their team to discuss new funding opportunities. You can do so by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do they fund?
Applicants can request between $5,000.00 to $20,000.00 in funds.
For more information on the World Central Kitchen’s Food Producer Network Application click here.
For more information on World Central Kitchen’s The Bahamas – Food Producer Network click here.
Click here to download the flyer.